便民查询 - 在线游戏     标题搜索 全文搜索 高级搜索
首页  |  论坛  |  名家  |  教育  |  出国  |  创业  |  健康  |  旅游  |  美食  |  商城  |  房产  |  家庭  |  聚会
发新话题
打印

(留学视频)美国金融教授建议中国学生推后赴美留学

(留学视频)美国金融教授建议中国学生推后赴美留学

桥网原创视频  QQ:1097403793

新浪财经亲历华尔街报道组对话了NYU纽约大学商学院著名的金融教授Altman。

他当天共有三场采访。新浪财经亲历华尔街报道组之前是bloomberg(彭博通讯社)和CNN(美国有线电视新闻网)。Altman被人们称为Z-Man。因为他创建的并以他名字命名的Altman模型非常出名。这个模型主要是用来分析企业破产的。在与新浪财经亲历华尔街报道组的交流过程中,他表示通用汽车应该破产,尽管大家都不愿意看到,尽管会有很多人失业,尽管这对于整个美国汽车行业来说是重创。在采访中,他详细介绍了用他的Z-Score分析通用汽车得出的结论,并且对通用为什么应该破产做了详尽的分析。还从他的角度谈了对此次金融危机和经济危机的看法。

以下为对话实录:

Q: So, what are some of the pains you’ve seen around you? I mean, people’s life?

问:您周围的人都受到了哪些影响?我是说,在生活方面?

A: Well, the pain around me is very different, I guess, than people in Middle America, say, on the main street losing their jobs, worrying about healthcare benefits, being able to put food on the table. For me, you know, it’s much more related to very bright, perhaps even fairly wealthy or not wealthy students here in the university now worried about finding jobs once they graduate. They come in with great expectations; they pay a lot of money for a very good education here at New York University, Stern School of Business. We attract a lot of people particularly who are interested in getting jobs in the financial sector. And now the outlook for them is much much worse than it was when they came in and what they expected. So, the pain I see now is the students having difficulties finding jobs, many of them have a lot of loans to pay off, families to support. So, this is pain at that level. And we have to do our best to find jobs in, say, non-traditional areas, rather than in the traditional investment banking, or trading, sells and trading on Wall Street. We have to find all the other alternatives for students. So, it’s our obligation too. At the same time, everyone wants to go back to school now, because they can’t get jobs. So there’s a lot of applicants for relatively selective school situation.

答:我身边的人受到的影响大概与美国的中间阶层有所不同,我是指那些面临失业、担心医疗保险、不知道下一餐在哪里的普通百姓。我身边的人主要是大学里那些天资聪颖的学生,他们有的很有钱,有的没那么有钱,但现在他们都在担心毕业时能不能找到工作。他们入学时都满怀期望。为了能在纽约大学斯特恩商学院这里接受很好的教育,他们花了不少钱。我们吸引了很多学生,尤其是那些意欲从事金融业的学生。现在的形势与他们刚入学时的情形以及他们的期望都相差甚远。因此,我看到的主要是学生的就业问题,他们有不少人还要偿还助学贷款,或是要养家。(我看到的)主要是这个阶层受到的影响。我们必须竭尽所能地在传统的投资银行和华尔街证券交易领域之外,为学生们寻找一些非传统领域的就业机会。我们必须为他们寻找各种可能的途径,这也是我们的义务。与此同时,由于工作不好找,大家这时又都想回学校读书了,有很多人在申请相对有限的招生名额。

Q: Yeah, a lot of viewers from China, they are considering having their MBA degree here in the United States, so, do you think it’s a good time for them?

问:是啊,中国的很多观众也在考虑来美国念MBA,您认为目前对他们来说是好时机吗?

A: Well, yes. It is a good time, because, eh…

答:是,应该是吧,因为……

Q: Since the competition is getting severe, more severe, and people don’t know what the market is going to look like two years later. Do you think it’s still a good time?

问:现在竞争越来越激烈,大家都不知道两年后市场会是什么情况。您认为现在还是好时机吗?

A: Well, it’s not a good time for them if they want to get jobs here in the U.S. in two years when they graduate, if this recession is as long as we think. Some people think it’s gonna be. So, that’s a good point. They probably should wait a little bit until there is more clear when we’ll come out of the recession. Eh, if you are talking about Chinese students who have good opportunities now in China, maybe it’s the better thing to defer a year or two before coming to the United States for their MBA. I don’t think the recession is gonna last more than three years, so, by the time they come, there should be a better time to graduate. As far as going back to China afterwards, that’s hard for me to advise, because I don’t know what’s going to be the case in China in two years when they will graduate. My guess is that, you need a lot of good people, even if your growth rate falls somewhat, people who are trained now in credit, perhaps that was not an important thing before.

答:如果他们打算在两年后毕业时留在美国工作,而这次经济衰退持续的时间又像我估计的那么久的话,现在大概不是好时机。有人认为这次衰退不会很快结束。的确是这样。他们或许应该再等等,等到情况逐渐明朗、大概知道何时能够走出衰退的时候再来。如果你指的是那些现在在国内有很好机会的学生,我认为他们最好推后一两年来美国读MBA。在我看来,这次衰退不会持续三年以上,推迟一两年来的话毕业时的情况会好很多。如果他们打算毕业后回国的话,我就很难提什么建议了,因为我不清楚两年后他们毕业时中国会是什么情况。我的猜测是,中国需要大量的人才,即使你们的经济增长有所放缓,在信贷领域有专长的学生还是会大有作为的——之前信贷领域在中国的作用并不突出。

Q: As for the funding of the school, do you think that you are going to cut the funding for students?

问:您认为校方会减少对学生的资助吗?

A: We hope not. The funding for our students is very important. If the university suffers, and there is some indication that we will suffer some particular undominant investment programs, then we may have to cut back somewhat on student aid. If that’s the case, then yes, it will have a negative effect on students. But we are a private university, and I think the problem is gonna be more severe in public universities, in state, local universities that depend on municipality budgets, which are now being hit hard too. So, relatively speaking, schools like NYU are better off. But it doesn’t mean we are immune to the problem.

答:希望不会。我们非常重视对学生的资助。如果校方受到(经济危机的)影响,或有迹象表明我们的某些非主导性投资项目遭受损失,或许我们会减少对学生的资助。如果是这种情况,无疑会对学生造成负面影响。但我们是私立大学,我认为公立大学的情况会更严重,这些州立大学或地方大学主要依靠市政拨款,而市政拨款目前受危机的影响很大。所以,相对来讲,像纽约大学这样的学校情况会好些,但也不是说我们对此完全免疫。

Q: Ok, thank you very much.

问:好,谢谢您接受我们的采访。

A: You are welcome, good luck.

答:不客气,祝你好运。
桥网原创视频  QQ:1097403793

发新话题